One way we give back to the Tech community is through our volunteer efforts.
The Silver Jackets volunteer at the quarterly campus blood drives, serving cookies and juice. We also volunteer for various studies being conducted at Tech.
Silver Jackets have also collected old eye glasses for the Lions Club.
New volunteer opportunities often arise and as a member, you’ll receive notification via e-mail.
The Georgia Tech Police Department (GTPD) is interested in partnering with the Georgia Tech Silver Jackets to help coordinate the increasing number of current projects that GTPD works on with students and faculty, as well as exploring additional campus collaborations.
GTPD recognizes the positive impact the Silver Jackets have had in the community, and proposes to offer opportunities to become involved in GTPD activities and initiatives. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Serving as liaisons and points-of-contact for collaborative, student-led class projects
- Acting as a resource to Law Enforcement-related Grand Challenge and Capstone Design Program projects
- Identifying innovative solutions to address safety and security-related concerns
- Researching and vetting new Law Enforcement technologies
- Drafting Scopes of Work related to GTPD system installations and technology deployments
- Participating in Community Outreach Programs with faculty, staff, and students
GTPD believes that collaborating with the Silver Jackets would not only create a mutually beneficial partnership to meet the needs of each organization, but would provide a positive, tangible impact to the entire Georgia Tech community.
If you would like to participate in the program, please contact Ms. Elaine Kuligowski, Executive Assistant to the Chief, Georgia Tech Police Department. Email; O: 404.385.1926; C: 508.202.5553.